National Asthma Council Australia educates and supports GPs, nurses and pharmacists to provide best-practice care to people with asthma and their carers and families.
Without your support, we cannot provide the valuable resources needed to help people with asthma lead full active lives.
Provide the patient and carer perspective
Community involvement helps improve the understanding and effectiveness of asthma care in Australia for both the community and health professionals.
The National Asthma and Allergy Network is an online community of people who have asthma or who live with or care for someone with asthma, and who want to help us improve our resources and services.
We consult the Network at various stages of projects for input and feedback to ensure the patient perspective is included.
People with asthma, their families, carers and other supporters, are all welcome to join the Network. The only requirement is that you currently live in Australia and use the health care system.
For more details and to get involved, visit: National Asthma and Allergy Network
Provide health professional expertise
Our Health Professionals Network is an online community of asthma care service providers who want to help us improve our resources and services.
We consult the health professional community for input and feedback to ensure their perspectives are included throughout our work, and to ensure that work is relevant, accurate and impactful.
For more details and to join, visit: Health Professionals Network
For more formal opportunities to get involved, please review the Communities & Advisory Bodies section here: Our people
Donate to us
Our ongoing priorities are to:
- Continue to update and make available tools such as the Australian Asthma Handbook, the national treatment guidelines for asthma.
- Provide the latest information on asthma to health professionals to help improve their quality of care
- Ensure that people with asthma have access to the latest and best information on asthma
- Work with all members of the asthma community, including people with asthma and their carers, health professionals, patient support organisations, the health industry, and government agencies to improve all aspects of asthma care
- Continue to set the standards for best-practice asthma management.
Your financial contributions allow us to continue our work. All donations are tax deductible and allow us to continue this important work. Please click onto the GiveNow donation button below to contribute.
Registered Charity Tick
We are a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). The registered charity tick was designed to provide the community with an easy way to recognise registered charities.
You can find out more about this initiative on the ACNC website.